23 August 2010

Pure South

Riverside, Southgate. Ph: 9699 4600

* * * * *

I HADN’T been to Pure South for a long time so I thought it was time for a return trip. My dad had gone there about a week before and said it was a lot better since last time.

When we arrived we were given some fresh bread with butter. The fresh bread was very nice but the butter was very strong. For the entrées we didn’t share so I ordered Seafood Linguine to myself.

Before my entree arrived we were given a beetroot and goat’s cheese appetiser which looked fantastic. I’m not a fan of goat’s cheese, but I discovered the beetroot had a very nice taste.

The Seafood Linguine came next and there was a huge variety of seafood on the plate including fish, mussels, squid and clams. I tried the clams first - I’ve never eaten clams before and I thought they would be like mussels which I don’t like. But I was wrong, they tasted great and were one of the best things in the dish. The squid and fish were also both very good. The mussels didn’t taste that nice but were cooked well.

For the mains we all shared Braised Beef Cheek with Onion risotto, a pork belly dish and a big steak.

The best dish of the day by far was the Braised Beef Cheek. It was the best dish I’ve ever had at Pure South. The beef could be cut by a spoon and tasted great and the onion risotto was perfect.

Next I tried the pork belly – it was a bit of a disappointment. The pork was fine, but there were heaps of other unnecessary elements on the plate.

Finally I had the steak. Pure South steaks are some of the best in Melbourne in my opinion and I wasn’t let down. It was perfectly cooked, but it would have been way better if it had a garlic butter or something like that.

So Pure South was well worth a return visit and I probably will be going back there soon.

8/10

- james, 12 years old

9 comments:

Betsy said...

I visited Pure South last year when my sister very kindly offered to treat me & my partner to dinner there. She'd been a few times & had always enjoyed it.

I had high hopes, but was left disappointed - as were my dining companions. Both my sister and boyfriend ordered steaks: one medium and one medium rare. Both arrived overcooked.

The fish I ordered was passable, but for the location & prices we spent we expected much more.

Keep up the great work James!

rsgoldfast said...

These materials go away every day fat loss gamers shed them and also leave the workplace coming from taking part in.Buy new itemsNew items are great for short-term positions simply because obtaining a true value for the Great Swap needs a although. Also, vendors can certainly sell brand-new goods with regard to Runescape rare metal at a premium to gamers who wish to hold the latest point.
Cheap RS Gold

Runescape Gold

Unknown said...

Niceeee !!! Post Kindly visit us,SEO Services

Unknown said...

Thanku for sharing this post .Kindly visit @ Industrial Packing materials in madurai.

Unknown said...

Thank You.kindly visit us @ AIDS 100% complete Cure in India

Unknown said...

Nice posr.kindly visit us @ PP Bags Manufactures in Madurai

Unknown said...

Nice post.kindly visit us @ Real estate in thiruvannamalai

Ramakrishna said...

Thank you for sharing the post.kindly visit us @ Hotels in tiruvannamalai near temple

Aurokitchenequipments said...

Nice post.kindly visit us @ Kitchen Equipments supplier in Tamilnadu,South India, India